• What personal data we collect, including through our website located at https://cog.network/ (the “Site”);
• How we use the data;
• With whom we may share the personal data;
• Legal basis for processing the data;
• Storage and security of your data;
• Your Privacy Rights, Choices and Disclosures, including those for Europe and California;
• Users outside the United States; and
Personal Data We Collect or Process
We also collect information that you provide to us voluntarily. COG Network collects the information that you provide to us when you sign up to receive newsletters, advisories, announcements and invitations and contact us by email. We use this information only to respond to your comments, requests or questions. If you inquire about a career at COG Network, you have the option of sending to us a resume containing personal data about you and which we will use solely for employment evaluation purposes. Providing this information is completely voluntary. Please do not submit to us any sensitive personal information.
How We Use the Data
We use the personal data we collect to respond to your inquiries, provide or enhance the services you request, perform our contractual obligations, provide updates and other important information related to your activity on and with the Site, inform you of new services or changes in our services, administer the Site, fill employment positions, enter into contracts for services, to fulfill legal obligations we have to governmental authorities or other third parties, and for other legitimate business purposes. You will have the opportunity to opt out of any electronic marketing communications you may receive from us.
With Whom We Share Personal Data
COG Network is headquartered in the United States, and as such may need to share information with internal personnel and our affiliates located in different geographic locations. We may also share your personal data to third parties (within or outside your country of residence) who perform services on our behalf, including without limitation, our technology providers and professional advisors.
We may disclose information (within or outside your country of residence) if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary by law or the legal process, to protect and defend our or others’ interests or property, or to enforce agreements you enter into with us.
COG Network may disclose any information we have about you (including your identity) if we determine that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your use of the Site, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) COG Network’s rights or property, or the rights or property of visitors to or users of the Site. COG Network reserves the right at all times to disclose any information that COG Network deems necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. COG Network also may disclose your information when COG Network determines that applicable law requires or permits such disclosure, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection purposes.
Your information may be transferred to another company (within or outside your country of residence) in connection with a merger or in the event that our business is acquired in whole or part by another company.
We may share aggregated and de-identified information with third parties (within or outside your country of residence) for analytical, research or other similar purposes.
Grounds for Using Your Personal Data
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
Performance of a contract. We may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you and to fulfill your requests.
Storage and Protection of Your Personal Data
We retain the personal data we collect for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected and to perform our contractual and legal obligations. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, we store email addresses until the user requests to be unsubscribed or removes themselves through any self-service tools offered to the user.
We take reasonable administrative, physical and technical precautions to protect your personal data and communications between us. This includes, when required or as we deem appropriate and feasible under the circumstances, encryption and written commitments from third parties that may have access to your data that they will protect the data with safeguards that are substantially equivalent to those used by COG Network.
No Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free, however. We therefore cannot guarantee absolute security of your data, and we are not responsible for processes and networks that we do not control. Users assume the risk of security breaches and the consequences resulting from them. Please be careful in deciding what information you send to us via email or over the Internet.
Your Rights, Choices and Disclosures
1. General. This section is subject to specific disclosures on privacy rights set forth below. We are committed to facilitate the exercise of your rights granted by the laws of your jurisdiction, which may include the right to request the correction, modification or deletion of your personal information and the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information (as applicable). We will do our best to honor your requests subject to any legal and contractual obligations. If you would like to make a request, cancel your account or request we delete or no longer use your information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may opt out of receiving electronic marketing communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link on the communication or contacting us at email@example.com. Some non-marketing communications may not be subject to a general opt-out, such as disclosures to comply with legal requirements, software updates and other support-related information.
Subject to local law, you may have additional rights under the laws of your jurisdiction regarding your personal data, such as the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
You may be able to disable Cookies through your browser settings, but if you delete or disable Cookies, you may experience interruptions or limited functionality in certain areas of the Services.
2. Your European Privacy Rights and Choices. If you reside or otherwise find yourself in the territory of Europe, your privacy rights under the European data protection law include:
• Transparency and the right to information. Through this policy we explain how we use and share your information. However, if you have questions or need additional information you can contact us any time.
• Right of access, restriction of processing, erasure. You may contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to request the correction, modification or deletion of such personal information, which requests we will do our best to honor subject to any legal, ethical and contractual obligations. To make a request or to ask us a question about our data practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Right to withdraw your consent at any time. When we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
• Right to object at any time. You have the right to object at any time to receiving marketing or promotional materials from us by either following the opt-out instructions in commercial e-mails or by contacting us, as well as the right to object to any processing of your personal data based on your specific situation. In the latter case, we will assess your request and provide a reply in a timely manner, according to our legal, ethical and contractual obligations. Some non-marketing communications are not subject to a general opt-out, such as disclosures to comply with legal requirements.
• Right to data portability. You have the right to data portability of your own personal data by contacting us.
• Right not to be subject to an automated decision, including profiling. We do not make automated decisions using your personal data that may negatively impact you.
• Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes your privacy rights according the European Privacy regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
3. California Disclosures
California “Shine the Light” Information-Sharing Disclosure: California residents may request a list of all third parties with respect to which we have disclosed any information about you for direct marketing purposes and the categories of information disclosed. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please send us a written request by email to email@example.com with “California Shine The Light Rights” in the subject line.
California Do Not Track Disclosure: We do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings.
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures. The California Consumer Privacy Act is effective on January 1, 2020. As of that date, California residents have the right to request:
◦ The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
◦ The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
◦ The business or commercial purpose of collecting or selling personal information;
◦ The categories of third parties with whom we share or sell personal information;
◦ The categories of personal information about you that we have sold; and
◦ The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Additionally, you have the right to request deletion of your personal information, the right to opt out of the sale of your information (if applicable) and the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Our contact information, including a toll-free phone number, is listed at the bottom of this policy.
Users Outside the United States
The Site is controlled and operated from the United States. If you are an individual from the European Union, Canada or any other jurisdiction with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be advised that we may store the information we collect in the United States which is not deemed an “adequate jurisdiction” by the European regulatory authorities. Personal data may also be transferred from the country of your residence to other countries, including the United States.
Links to Other Sites
Questions and Contact Information
COG Network is located at:
COG Network LLC
P. O. Box 868
Wichita Falls, TX 76307